Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Minute To Vent

I told someone that I would not use this blog to post personal problems, but I just gotta vent for a moment. Why do black women scrutinize each other so much? We can’t just smile or greet each other with a “hello” or “good morning” – no, we have to give ourselves the “up & down” and see if we’re worthy for common courtesy. I go to the gym in the morning, and I’ll be in the locker room – BUTT NAKED – and sistas will walk by me, lock eyes with me, and utter nothing. Yet I’ll watch other women, who don’t each other, hold a conversation or just extend a pleasant greeting. I say my “good mornings” to everyone but it really irritates me to watch how other women be so cordial to each other (and us) yet we as black women act as if we’re letting our guard down if we are friendly or at least lose the attitude toward our own kind.

That’s it, I’m done. PLEASE post your comments. I don’t want to believe that true sistahood is lost.

3 comments:

Treva said...

No, sistahood isn't lost its just some of us have lost our way or haven't found our way. Alot of us still have so much to learn before we can accept genuine sisterhood without feeling threatened. What it boils down to is self-esteem and confidence in one's self.

Nubian Crafter said...

Shelly, I agree with Treva. When a person is uncomfortable with themselves it is difficult to be open or show kindness to other women (especially if that Sister has it going on). I make it my business to speak to everyone, you never know how that simple hello can make someones' day!!!

Ms_Dee said...

Shelly, I have to agree with the OP's comments....It really has nothing to do with you.....because it will frustrate....Some people are just so occupied with "self"...they fell to realize the negative energy they send.....I am naturely a "happy" person....and never...ever let another person's "negative" energy enter into my space....I am "happy" with myself...love what I do...and especially "love" where I am in my life.....I am sorry to say..."everyone" cannot say that....So, you just continue to send those positive vibes, give those greetings that though may not be reciprocated-may make a person smile-even for a second.....and continue to be happy with yourself...Stay blessed Sista....because "Sisterhood" is very much alive....Just stay true to yourself......

Post a Comment